.. Pankhudi Mumbai ..
Current Projects : Protsahan
Current Campaigns : Sahayata
Details about our work :
Mumbai Protsahan classes are conducted on Saturdays and Sundays (4-8 PM) at Lion's Club Balwadi, Suman Nagar, Chembur.
We teach 50 kids who are residents of the same slum.
- English: To enable every kid to understand and speak well in English using teaching aids, interactive lectures, role plays, speaking and writing exercises.
- Aptitude and Mental Maths: To make them solve tricky and conceptual mathematical problems that will enhance their problem solving approach, calculations and critical thinking.
- Life Skills: To instil life skills such as self-esteem, decision making, goal-setting, effective communication and character building, thus ensuring a complete development of personality.
- Health-care and Hygiene: To promote the idea of responsibility for one's health by addressing a comprehensive range of health related sessions including nutrition, exercise and fitness, disease prevention, social and emotional health.
- Creative Arts: To improve their self-esteem, motivation, imagination and achievement. Aids: Drawing, craft-making, dancing and singing sessions.
How we conduct classes
We understand the importance of preparedness of volunteers, and usage of unique teaching methodologies. Every week, the Content representative shares the course details to be taught during the weekend sessions. Volunteers mark their availability on a monthly Google calendar. This practice helps in efficient planning and smooth functioning of classes.
Pankhudi Mumbai always helps to conduct collection drives to help during national calamities. Partnering with Goonj, Mumbai has helped collect house-wares and materials for Bihar and Leh relief work.
Through out the year, Pankhudi Mumbai celebrates various festivals and arranges workshops to make its children more socially conscious. Participating at NCPA Workshops and holding UDAAN programs, tree plantation drives, museum visits, picnics, Eco Ganesha Idol making sessions help to uplift the overall personality of kids.
Pankhudi Mumbai has also conducted volunteer drives across colleges like Swami Vivekanand and Somaiya to spread awareness about its activities and initiatives.
Volunteer details & Contacts of all representatives
If you wish to join us you can contact any of the members below for more information: