.. Terms of Service ..
~Pankhudi Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to the welfare of children. It firmly believes that its lifeblood is its set of volunteers. Every volunteer/member is a mirror of ~Pankhudi Foundation, its philosophy, and values. Hence, it would be appropriate on our part to brief you about the rules and regulations that every volunteer must be aware of and follow so as to ensure the safety of children.
"As a volunteer of ~Pankhudi Foundation, I:
- shall safeguard the physical, mental, and psychological well being of a child
- shall take it as my responsibility to stress on equality in all interactions with children
- shall be prepared to appropriately handle any unexpected situation that arises in a session I am supervising
- shall understand that I am perceived as a role model by children and behave appropriately, so that positive influence occurs
- shall, at all times, be aware of the team being more important than self and the child being more important than the team
- shall not, directly or indirectly, attempt to cause hurt or pain to a child under my supervision
- shall not indulge in behavior that is perceived as negative in places where children recognize me* (please see Behavioral Negatives below for further reference)
- shall not give away sensitive information, whether it concerns a child or ~Pankhudi Foundation, to people who are not a part of the program, ~Pankhudi Foundation or its partners
- shall not hesitate in executing my rightful responsibilities even in the face of opposition, within and outside ~Pankhudi Foundation
- Shall not attempt to befriend children on the pretext of using them for personal benefits and/or lead them in the wrong direction by using dubious devices like false stories, doubtful personalities who are not a part of ~Pankhudi Foundation or its partners, and so on."
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Code of Conduct is intended to set volunteers of ~Pankhudi Foundation as living role models for the children they interact with. It has been stated with the sole purpose of helping children reclaim their childhood without subjecting them to any sort of pain or disappointment.
- All emphasis is placed on teamwork rather than individual contribution.
- The identity, values, and philosophy of ~Pankhudi Foundation are sacrosanct and shall be upheld always by you.
- All decisions on chapter (a city where Pankhudi has its operations) and strategic levels shall be taken on a consensual basis. Individual perceptions will be given room to be aired but they shall not necessarily be the final decisions.
- Pankhudi Chapter office bearers (Chapter Rep, Finance Rep, PR and Content Rep) have to be consulted in all chapter level activities/initiatives; they will in turn suitably send a proposal/discuss the same Central Cell Heads and to the President of Pankhudi Foundation.
- Any activity initiated by a volunteer shall be intimated to the concerned chapter representative.
- First time violation of Code of Conduct shall be met with an appropriate warning; if the same is repeated, then ~Pankhudi Foundation has no choice but to ex-communicate the offending party. This is final and binding.
- Causing public nuisance
- Using abusive language
- Being excessively harsh
- Displaying vulgar sense of humor and dressing
- Encouraging unhealthy competition and rivalry
Please bear in mind that these regulations are meant to make us work with children in a safer and happier environment. They are not intended to coerce volunteers to work in a rigid and inflexible way.
1. The online volunteer form is for the purpose of our knowledge about you and your background, Pankhudi may call up the references provided by you to verify the details entered by you.
2. Filling up this form enables you to volunteer with Pankhudi Foundation's teams in any of its activities.
3. To become a 'member' of Pankhudi Foundation, a minimum of 3 months volunteering is required.